Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Live Laugh Love

It’s been far too long since I’ve updated on my wonderful life in Fiji. Three weeks ago I played in a volleyball tournament here in Suva. I was the only international student to play on the team which was intimidating but also exciting at the same time. The game of volleyball over here is not exactly like back home. It is much slower paced which makes it harder to play. We lost in the semi-finals but I got a lot of playing time throughout the day so it was a good day! On Sunday I went ziplinning through the forest. It was absolutely incredible! It was about an hour long zip. There were 8 different platforms we went to. The first and the last were my favorites. The first zip we went over a river and into the forest and the last was vis versa. God always seems to take my breath away by the beauty he has created. I am hoping to go again sometime during my stay in Fiji!

Update on life in Suva:
• As far as classes go I think I am finally fully adjusted. The system of how everything works is definitely still different but I think I have it down. I have started to make lots of friends in my classes! It makes it much more enjoyable to go to class now!
• The past 3 weekends I have stuck around Suva. I have made a lot of friends here so I find I usually don’t want to go away to resorts on the weekends! Unfortunately I came down with bronchitis and a sinus infection last weekend and am still fighting it off! Oh well, tis life and you just have to push through!
• In a couple weeks is our spring break! I am most likely going to the outer islands to spend a week on the beach and in the sun! Gotta live life to the fullest while I’m in Paradise, right!?
•Bummer news is my camera is missing. It’s either lost or stolen, but a replacement one is coming over spring break. (Thank you Leah’s mom!) So I will not be able to upload pictures until then, but they’re coming!

1 comment:

  1. Aww it sounds wonderful hun!! I have been thinking about you and all the awesome things you are seeing and experiences you are having! Im glad all is good, I love and miss you!

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete